2019 NLCFN Research Award 5
Mesothelioma UK is committed to supporting research into all aspects of treatment and care related to mesothelioma. Working in collaboration with the National Lung Cancer Forum for Nurses up to £25,000 is available for a NLCFN member or group of members to undertake a small scale research study, a complex audit or a preliminary enquiry to support a larger grant application.
- The chief investigator must be a fully paid member of the NLCFN. The successful applicant will join the NLCFN Research Interest Group (RIG).
- The application is to be made to the NLCFN RIG on the attached proforma and accompanied by a full research proposal of up to 1000 words.
- The project or study is to be independent of any program of education; it is not to be carried out as part of a course of study.
- The proposed study must be 100% focused on mesothelioma and related to supportive or palliative care.
- Application Form and Guideline available online
Timelines and Schedule - DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED TO 15 APRIL 2019
The study is to be completed over a maximum 2 year period.
Funds will be held by Mesothelioma UK and released upon receipt of invoices made quarterly by the Chief Investigators employer. Surplus funds will be retained by Mesothelioma UK and used for future research awards. Additional funds, exceeding the maximum £25,000 will not be available.
The final payment will not be made until the findings have been fully disseminated.
Mesothelioma UK trustees and supporters to be updated at the commencement and completion of the study and 6 monthly via newsletter, website and social media.
Findings from the study are to be submitted as an abstract to IMIG or IASLC followed by both the NLCFN and BTOG. A paper fully detailing the study is to be submitted for publication in a relevant peer reviewed journal.