The PRON Programme, is a unique 2 day residential workshop for nurses interested in increasing their skills, knowledge and confidence in clinical research related to lung cancer. Run by experts in health and nursing research the workshop:
- provides an introduction to identifying, justifying, shaping and communicating a research question
- explores why research is important at a personal and organisational level
- helps you to develop a greater understanding of what it means to be part of a research community
- increases your understanding of developing your personal networks
The workshop is designed to be highly interactive. It will help you develop your research knowledge and ideas in a stimulating and supportive environment. The workshop includes formal lectures from leading experts in nurse-led research, interactive sessions, as well as dedicated time for you to spend working in small groups with faculty members.
The longer term aim of the programme is to build a community of research interested and active clinical nurses, supported by the mentorship and expertise of nursing and health services research academics. We hope to run an annual top-up day and all previous participants will be invited to attend.
The 2018 workshop will be held on 29th and 30th June 2018 at Wychwood Park, Crewe, Cheshire.
To download a copy of the event information click HERE
Register now as places are limited and offered on a first come, first served bais
PRON-Nursing faculty includes:
- ~ Prof Angela Tod (Chair) ~ Dr Lynne Goodacre
- ~ Vanessa Beattie ~ Dr Clare De Normanville
- ~ Dr Natalie Doyle ~ Amy Kerr
- ~ Lavinia Magee ~ Dr Sally Moore
- ~ Clare Warnock ~ Prof Janelle York
- ~ Dr Lynn Calman ~ Roman Maguire
- ~ Josie Roberts
The NLCFN has received sponsorship from Boehringer Ingelheim to support the PRON programme. Sponsors have no input into the content of this programme. Attendance and overnight accommodation (1 night only) is free of charge to delegates. Reasonable standard class travel expenses will be reimbursed. It is anticipated that a member of the Boehringer Ingelheim Medical Team will be present at the meeting.
Click on the links below to download copies of slide presentations from previous events
- Writing an Abstract - HERE
- Reviewing an Abstract - HERE
- Striving and thriving in the Ethics Review Process - HERE